Paint the Town Red & Dress the Town in Boots! Give Drugs the Boot Horse Parade is being held at the end of Red Ribbon Week, a national campaign for the prevention of drug abuse and also National Drug Take-Back Day, a time to dispose of unwanted medicines wisely.
You can also follow ERFRN on Facebook for the most current updates on the Give Drugs the Boot All-Horse Parade.
We do not need research to tell us that Horses, Mules, Donkeys are a natural fit for keeping kids out of trouble. Most folks that love our equine friends, probably have a few stories of their own to tell.
So, when we wanted to make a BIG impact to emphasize drug-free communities, the idea of the All Horse & Carriage Parade was just the ticket for getting the community to take notice. It’s hard to miss a few 1,000 lbs animal marching downtown.
The parade is being held at the end of Red Ribbon Week, a national campaign for the prevention of drug abuse. To show your support, wear red & wear boots. If you usually put a red ribbon in your horse’s tail to identify as a “kicker” use Purple instead.
To reserve your parade spot & review guidelines download the Parade Entry Form
Important Note: Parking for horse trailers will be at Keyser Primary School, 1123 Harley O. Staggers Drive, Keyser 26726
What We Need:
- Help spreading the word to promote drug-free communities through prevention methods, including education, and positive messaging. Businessess, Civic, Faith Sectors
- Check out our toolkit here: LINK
- Involvement of youth groups – We have lots important jobs for them to choose from!
- Beverage Station. Coffee & Sweet Hot Tea
- Apples & Trail Mix
- Horse Trailer Parking Attendants & Parade Mgr.
- Temporary Fencing/Stalls
- Resource Round – Up – We need community agencies to set up tables!
- Music/PA System w/ operator
ONTRACK! Anti-Drug Coalition invites agencies, businesses, civic groups & churches to reserve a spot and set up a booth at this year’s Give Drugs the Boot – Horse & Carriage Parade & Resource Round-Up. The Resource Round-Up will be at Brooks Park. The parade can be viewed twice from this location.
Please download and fill out the table registration form and then email, fax, or mail your completed for to:
Eastern Regional Family Resource Network
PO Box 598
Moorefield, WV 26836